At Hochschule Mannheim the academic year consists of two semesters with 15 weeks of teaching each:
- Winter semester (first semester): September to February. The lectures begin in the last week of September and end in January, with two additional weeks of exams. The International winter semester (Department of Mechanical Engineering) runs from September until December.
- Summer semester: March to August. Classes usually begin in the second week of March and run to the end of June. The exams take place in July.
- Block courses and other activities are offered between semesters.
International students may be expected to attend short intensive German language courses. For more details, please consult the German coordinator
- A detailed list of important dates in the current and coming semester can be downloaded on this website (German).
The academic year includes longer breaks in winter (Christmas) and in spring (either Easter or Pentecost) as well as different public holidays (see below).
During the semester, different academic events are scheduled. Please consult the events calendar on our German site.
Public holidays in Baden-Württemberg, Germany
- New Year's Day (1 January)
- Epiphany (6 January)
- May Day/Labor Day (1 May)
- Whit Monday
- Corpus Christi
- National Day (3 October)
- All Saints Day (1 November)
- Christmas (25/26 December)