International activities at HSMA

International partner universities and institutions

The Hochschule Mannheim has a large number of cooperative agreements with companies, universities and research institutions all over the world. This international network facilitates frequent student and staff exchange and the university’s active participation in the global transfer of knowledge.

International experiences for HSMA students

The Hochschule Mannheim systematically prepares its students for the opportunities and challenges presented by a global labour market. At present, about a quarter of our students take advantage of the existing network of associated companies and universities to spend at least one semester abroad during their studies. Today, international experience is high up among the key qualifications expected of young graduates. Numerous activities and institutions at the Hochschule Mannheim support students in their efforts to gain this kind of experience. 

The Language Centre provides instruction in the most important languages of the international community, thus enabling students to overcome language barriers with ease. The International Office advises students on all matters pertaining to study, practical experience and residence in other countries. The University also has a scholarship programme for those requiring financial assistance for a period of study abroad. 

Incoming students at HSMA

The Hochschule Mannheim itself is a highly attractive location for international students. About 12% of the young people enrolled here are non-German, hailing from more than 90 countries all over the world. With their different cultural backgrounds they greatly enliven the atmosphere on campus and broaden the horizons of our German students.

Bachelor programmes in various subjects are alternatively available in English, while the Master programme in Biotechnology is conducted entirely in this language. This makes it easier for many international students to acclimatise to their new surroundings. These students can always turn to the International Office for help and advice, for example when applying for a room in a hall of residence.