At the end of your stay

Have you have graduated? Is your exchange semester at an end? These are good reasons to celebrate!

Before you wrap up your stay, make sure that everything involving any kind of contract (such as accommodation) has been resolved.

In addition to this website, the document Things to do before leaving gives you an overview over the different to-dos.

Exchange students


As a non-degree-seeking student, your registration expires automatically.

Transcript of Records

You can generate a PDF document in English on the POS platform; once stamped and signed, it can be used as a certificate, or otherwise serve as credentials for issuing a personal document. See the Welcome Guide for more information.

Advice from the Career Center

Our Career Center offers valuable advice and support for graduates and those interested in start-ups, as well as information about mentoring programmes and professional training.

Alumni Network

The university's Alumni Network MAlumni would be glad to welcome you to their career platform.

Many former students maintain contact through the use of different social media, and most departments stay in contact with their former students through their own associations.

Degree-seeking students


After concluding your studies, or in preparation to leave the university without a degree, you must undergo the Exmatrikulation procedure, i.e. to have yourself removed from the list of enrolled students. By simply skipping registration for the following semester, you will eventually be officially disenrolled, which could have consequences for continuing your studies somewhere else (proof of disenrolment at the former university is often required, e.g. at HSMA itself).

The disenrolment procedure is not complicated, check the document "Things to do before leaving" above.


In order to have your degree certificate issued to you, please contact the responsible person in the Examination Office.

Departments usually organise a so-called Absolventenfeier, an informal dinner for all the graduates of a particular year. You will receive an invitation, but if you want to save the date in advance, ask in your department or visit their site.

Informationen auf Deutsch finden Sie hier.

Career entry for our international graduates