Tandem Language Learning at HS Mannheim
Tandem language learning can involve any language taught at HS Mannheim. This system offers two students with different first languages the opportunity to learn and use a new language authentically. The partners have the freedom to manage their programme but meet regularly for language exchange.
The Language Centre helps in bringing the partners together even if they do not attend language classes and we are always available for questions.
- Flexibility in organisation, training for the professional career and gaining an insight into another culture, intercultural training.
- The opportunity to practise speaking freely and learning from each other
- You can decide on what aspects of the language to practise
- Fill out the registration form. You can start a partnership anytime during the semester.
- You can decide for yourself on the duration of the partnerships but we recommend you meet at least 10 times
- You and your partner decide on the content. Topics from your language classes are as relevant as current affairs, life in a particular country or the next language exam.
You will be awarded a certificate after you have met at least 10 times and can show us your completed learning diary.
Here are a few useful tips. We wish you fun and success in tandem learning
Kristin Layer (Spanish teacher) email@example.com
Katrin Heimel (German teacher) firstname.lastname@example.org